Re: Time zone definitions to config files - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Time zone definitions to config files
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Joachim Wieland" <joe@mcknight.de> writes:
> Here's the patch that generalizes the australian_timezones hack by moving the
> compiled-in time zone definitions into a text file. The text file to use is
> chosen via a guc.

Applied with some revisions --- mostly, that I didn't like restricting
timezone_abbreviations to be changed only via postgresql.conf.  The old
australian_timezones setting was always USERSET, and I think people
would have had a legitimate gripe about loss of flexibility if its
replacement wasn't.  Fortunately this wasn't too hard to change.  I also
editorialized a bit on the file placement and the parsing code.

The documentation is still in need of help ... in particular, Table B-4
(timezone names) is now out of sync with reality.  I am not sure whether
to try to fix it, or just remove it and tell people to look at the
pg_timezonenames view.  Thoughts?  If you want to fix it, please send
a patch.

            regards, tom lane