Re: BUG #2543: Performance delay acrros the same day - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: BUG #2543: Performance delay acrros the same day
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 07:41:02 +0000,
  Alaa El Gohary <alaaelgohary@bftech.com.eg> wrote:

The report below isn't a bug, its a performance question and should have
been sent to pgsql-performance@postgresql.org. I am redirecting replies there.

> A query on the postgresql DB takes about 5 seconds and then it starts to
> take more time till it reaches about 60 seconds by the end of the same day.
> I tried vacuum but nothing changed the only thing that works is to dump the
> DB ,drop and create a new one with the dump taken.
> i need to know if there is any way to restore the performance back without
> the need for drop and create
> cause i can't do this accross the day

You most likely aren't vacuuming often enough and/or don't have your FSM
setting high enough.