Re: pgsql-patches considered harmful - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: pgsql-patches considered harmful
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Greg Stark (gsstark@mit.edu) wrote:
> I have the additional complaint that this doesn't actually solve most of my
> original complaints and might reduce the pressure to find a better solution.
> The patches announcements themselves would still be basically invisible within
> the community.

I'm with Greg on this one.  I felt his original complaint made alot of
sense and this doesn't really deal with it.  I'd much rather see
-patches go away or maybe become an alias to -hackers.  If the patch is
too big then perhaps either compress it or provide a link to it when
it's submitted.  If hosting for patches is an issue then perhaps provide
a way for patches to be hosted on a PG server.  Honestly, I'd be happy
to put up any PG patches sent to me on a well connected server.  I'm not
sure how easy it'd be to automate that though (and prevent
spammers/etc), but perhaps people have some suggestions?
Thanks,
    Stephen