Re: More nuclear options - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: More nuclear options
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Given the current number of projects that have no code / files / anything
> associated with them on pgfoundry/gborg right now, this argument rings a
> little hollow.

I would say that:

> Given the current number of projects that have no code / files / anything
> associated with them on pgfoundry/gborg right now, this argument rings a
> little hollow.

Strengthens JoshB's argument, not lessens it. That is also an argument for
Gforge admins, not hackers :)

> > In a year nobody has spoken up for those specific projects.   Who's
> > going to maintain them?  Who's going to use them?
>
> People do get pointed at adddepends even today...  certainly no one will do
> anything with these projects if you nuke them, but I like giving people
> options...  your call though.

They will always be able to pull down the source from a previous release.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--   === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240  Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/