Re: pgsql: Clamp last_anl_tuples to n_live_tuples, in case we vacuum a table - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pgsql: Clamp last_anl_tuples to n_live_tuples, in case we vacuum a table
Date
List pgsql-committers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Ugh, sorry.  Consequence of having to copy patches from a CVSup tree and
> > a "commit tree" :-(  Eventually I was bound to make such a mistake.
>
> Hm, don't you have things set up so that you commit directly from a
> tested source tree?

No.  I have two trees for each release; one comes from CVSup and is
where I do the development and test stuff.  The other one comes from the
SSH backed CVS at postgresql.org.  What I do is develop the patch in the
CVSup tree, test it there, and then copy it to the other repo by
diff+patch.  What happened here was that I produced the fat-fingered
patch in the CVSup branch, and copied it to the other tree _before_
testing; then I compiled, found that mistake and corrected it but forgot
to copy the correction to the other tree :-(

I don't use the CVS trees directly because it's very slow to get diffs
that way (latency is way too high), and also out of fear of committing
unwanted stuff.