Re: vacuuming problems continued - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: vacuuming problems continued
Date
List pgsql-performance
Bloat doesn't depend on your update/delete rate; it depends on how many
update/deletes occur between vacuums. Long running transactions also
come into play.

As for performance, a P4 with 512M of ram is pretty much a toy in the
database world; it wouldn't be very hard to swamp it.

But without actual details there's no way to know.