Re: How To Exclude True Values - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Broersma Jr
Subject Re: How To Exclude True Values
Date
List pgsql-sql
> an inspection node (each row in t_inspect is an
> inspection node) that has passed can't have a new
> defect added - since it has already passed.
>
> therefore, in the defect entry form, i only want to
> display those inspection nodes that don't have a true
> value.  by definition, a true value will always be the
> last (by time) inspect_result.
>
> therefore, i need all the inspect nodes that don't yet
> have a true value (iow, a true value in the last (by
> time) inspect_result_pass row).
>
> an inspection node can have multiple inspection
> results, hence, the t_inspection_results table.
>
> this might seem counter-intuitive at first, but it
> makes sense since it may take 5 tries to eventually
> pass a particular inspection node (f, f, f, f, t) for
> fucntional test, for example.  one node, five tests to
> pass it.

here is a test I did. bye the way, I did this is access as it is the only source available to me
at the moment.

table = test
id_i    ir_id    test    stamp
1    1    No    6/5/2006 1:00:00 AM
1    2    No    6/5/2006 2:00:00 AM
1    3    Yes    6/5/2006 4:00:00 AM
2    4    Yes    6/5/2006 4:00:00 AM
3    5    No    6/5/2006 5:00:00 AM
3    6    Yes    6/5/2006 6:00:00 AM
4    7    No    6/5/2006 7:00:00 AM
4    8    No    6/5/2006 8:00:00 AM

query --

SELECT a.id_i, a.ir_id, a.test, max(a.stamp) as mstamp  -- PostgreSQL might not require an
aggregate with the group by.

FROM test a INNER JOIN
(
SELECT Max(stamp) AS tmax, id_i
FROM test
group by id_i
) b
ON a.stamp = b.tmax

group by a.id_i, a.test, a.ir_id, a.stamp

having a.test = false

ORDER BY a.id_i,a.ir_id, a.test

;

results --