Re: pgsql: Add simplified sparc8 ASM for solaris_sparc.s, - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pgsql: Add simplified sparc8 ASM for solaris_sparc.s,
Date
List pgsql-committers
Tom Lane wrote:
> momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian) writes:
> > Add simplified sparc8 ASM for solaris_sparc.s, from Alan Stange.
>
> Has this actually been tested at all?
>
> The reason I don't think it works is that ldstub and cas are not
> interchangeable; they don't even work on the same data width.
> Surely there need to be some #ifdefs in s_lock.h as well.

What I did was to assign to %o1 like is done with ldstub, so I assume
that will work.  You are right that we had trouble with 'cas' until we
changed the typedef for slock_t from unsigned char to int, so I added
this patch to use 'unsigned char' for sparcv8.

As far as testing, I think we are going to have to wait for someone who
cares about sparcv8 because none of our current Sparc guys are testing
on that.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us