Re: Slow restoration question - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Michael Stone
Subject Re: Slow restoration question
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 04:30:32PM -0500, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>If you've not tried bonnie++ on a limited memory machine, you really
>should.

Yes, I have. I also patched bonnie to handle large files and other such
nifty things before bonnie++ was forked. Mostly I just didn't get much
value out of all that, because at the end of theago day optimizing for
bonnie just doesn't equate to optimizing for real-world workloads.
Again, if it's useful for your workload, great.

Mike Stone