Re: Paste rows rough patch - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Edward Di Geronimo Jr.
Subject Re: Paste rows rough patch
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Quoting Dave Page <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>:

> Yes - in particular the quote settings - I have lots of data containing
> newlines for example, which this won't work with for obvious reasons.

Ok, that's done. Seems to work ok for me, but I don't have any real
data that would stress it to test with, just a few test rows.

> OID columns should be ignored, but serial columns should be optional
> imho - just a simple 'The data you are pasting include values that will
> be inserted into a serial column. Do you want to skip the serial valules
> and allow new ones to be assigned? Y/N' prompt at paste time.

I didn't look too hard, but it looked like OIDs are always going to be
the first column when present. Based on that, I updated the patch to
skip the first column when there are OIDs.

I'm probably not going to have time to deal with the serial columns
part in the next few days. The patch should be usable now if people
feel like testing it.

Ed

Attachment