Summer of Code ; pgAdmin III - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Chilot Damien
Subject Summer of Code ; pgAdmin III
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hello,

I am totally new to this list and would like to ask your opinion about the
development of a graphical interface to build queries in pgAdmin III (for a
google summer of code). The idea seems interesting and I would appreciate if
you could tell me if you are interested in it too and if you already have some
ideas you would like to discuss. I am currently learning computer science
(fourth year of a diploma equivalent to a master's degree) and wish to code
during this summer. I am quite used to cvs and open source development
(OpenOffice-like development with the URE). I have already used basic wxWidget
features in a project and know SQL. I'll spend some time of the weeks with an
internship but I would still be able to develop the interface during the
week-ends and evenings.

If you think I can be of some use to the project, I plan in a first time to get
to compile PostgreAdmin III, add basic controls in the interface while looking
how the code works. Then, for the development in itself, it could depend on
what you (and probably the users) are interested in, that is to say if the
interface has to look like those in OpenOffice and Access or something
different. Building simple queries would be the next step using wxWidgets and
finally I hope that more complex queries could be implemented within the time
allowed.

Thanks in advance and for reading

PS : sorry for any annoyance caused by this mail.