pgadmin3 and partitionned tables - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Marc Cousin
Subject pgadmin3 and partitionned tables
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

I've got a partitionned table with PG 8.1, and I'm using pgadmin3 1.4.1.
I'm having problems using pgadmin because it tries to count the elements of
the partitionned table...

The main table contains 0 record (so the stats say 0), so pgadmin decides it
can count all the elements from the table... but the count() on this table is
avout 40 000 000 record including all the partitions. The consequence is that
everytime I click on  the main table, pgadmin scans all the partitions
(taking about 3 minutes and slowing down the server...)

Is this a known problem ?

Regards