Re: Further SPI - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Further SPI
Date
Re: Further SPI  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh,

> It is not uncommon to do click and pledge type purchases. Also keep in
> mind that the donate for good allows account setup, so if the person is
> willing to setup an account then they will only have to do so once.

"Network for Good" is the name of a 501(c)3 donate online service.
http://www.networkforgood.org/

"Click and Pledge" is the name another online donation service:
http://www.clickandpledge.org/

SPI will be subscribing to Click & Pledge and phasing out Network For Good,
because:
C&P allows customization of the donation pages;
C&P doesn't require setting up an account, so donating is easier;
C&P has better reporting of donations;
C&P has support for event-specific fundraising and recurring donations;
C&P accepts credit cards from most large banks, not just US banks.

BTW, the SPI treasurer did research these services before committing to Click
& Pledge.

> You know PgSQL == PostgreSQL
> I know PgSQL == PostgreSQL
> IRS does NOT know PgSQL == PostgreSQL

*sigh*, Josh, please stick to stuff you actually know.  As the former
Development Officer of the San Francisco Opera education program, I can tell
you that the above is not significant.   The only issue with bad designations
is the delay before the gift gets moved between accounts.

> > case, but presumably, the money would be split 50/50 between the PG and
> > Deb bucket.
>
> Except that legally, they can't. There has to be a designation of the
> percentages, so we would be back at square one with someone trying to
> contact the donator.

Yes ... in that case SPI would contact the donor and get written (via e-mail)
notice of how the gift was supposed to be designated.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions