Re: Further SPI - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Further SPI
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, Josh Berkus wrote:

>> You know PgSQL == PostgreSQL
>> I know PgSQL == PostgreSQL
>> IRS does NOT know PgSQL == PostgreSQL
>
> *sigh*, Josh, please stick to stuff you actually know.  As the former
> Development Officer of the San Francisco Opera education program, I can tell
> you that the above is not significant.   The only issue with bad designations
> is the delay before the gift gets moved between accounts.

Stupid question here, but as far as the IRS is concerned, is the donation
being made to PostgreSQL, or is it being made to SPI?  Since its SPI that
has the 501(c), I *thought* it would be them ... but, thank god, I never
have to deal with the IRS, so its not a big concern for me :)

----