Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Major donors (was: Where to put the new donations page?) - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Major donors (was: Where to put the new donations page?)
Date
List pgsql-www
Jim,

Well, this is my general idea.  We'd divide the sponsors page into:

Code Contributors
    current developer sponsors here

Hosting Sponsors
    hub, ehpg, cmd, etc.

Financial Sponsors
    Major Sponsors
        $10,000+ annual corporate gifts
    Sponsors
        other corporate gifts, $1000-$10,000
        plus in-kind support
    Individuals (link to page)

However, the "ad-hoc fundraising group" has yet to discuss actual donor
levels.  Plus, "Financial Sponsors" *must* include donors to JPUG,
PostgresqlFR and FFIV Germany as well as PostgreSQL at SPI.

I've thought about some relativist approaches but they don't really seem
appropriate for a donor credits page -- all they would do is result in the
big companies giving less, which is not what we want.

Oh, one more note:  I'd like to phase out the banner ads by using sponsor
listings instead.  No other major OSS project I know of uses banners ads
on their site; it's time to shut them down.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions