Major donors (was: [pgsql-www] Where to put the new donations page?) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Major donors (was: [pgsql-www] Where to put the new donations page?)
Date
Re: Major donors (was: [pgsql-www] Where to put the new donations page?)  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 10:54:52AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>     2) Do major (> $1000) financial sponsors get to be Sponsors at
> www.postgresql.org/about/Sponsors, or do we put them somewhere else?  (we'll
> probably need to have this argument on Advocacy as well).

Since I haven't seen this on -advocacy yet...

The only argument I can think of for seperating large donors from
corporate sponsors is that some folks might have rather different levels
of interest about each one. Having a number of corporations officially
sponsoring the project arguably carries more weight than the same number
of individual believers, even if they do have deep pockets.

It also might not make sense from a financial perspective. $1k is quite
a lot for most individuals, but it's a tiny sum for all but the smallest
companies.

But of course, my opinions might be a bit biased here... :)