Re: human validation on post comments - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: human validation on post comments
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tuesday 21 March 2006 12:49, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Pardon if this has already been brought up as I am late to
> > the thread, but why can't we just use a "unseen by default"
> > policy in which all posts are not made viewable until
> > approved by a moderator?
>
> We already do this, and have done for a while (before that they used to
> be show-by-default, but can be rejected, which missed a lot). This is
> AFAIK about making life for the moderators easie r:-)

Honestly I don't find the amount of spam as annoying as the amount of
pointless posts and/or support questions...  but if you really want such a
system, why not have one that switches randomly between captcha, math
problems, and anagrams and also verifies the referer url.  This wouldn't be
foolproof, but the point here is only to make it more of a hassle than the
next guys site.

--
Robert Treat