pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Marco Rossi
Subject pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

I'm trying to import a db from one server to my local machine.
I have a mismatch betweek server pg_dump (8.0.3) and my machine pg_restore vesion (7.4.7).

Reading the docs I found that -i option should be used to ignore conflicts betweek dump version and db server .

So i issued a
pg_restore -i -C -d 20 -Fc -v < 20.sql
where 20.sql is the dump generated on the server with
pg_dump -Fc -C -d f /tmp/20.sql db-gw-20
and 20 (-d parameter) is a new db created as createdb 20 on the cmd line.

I receive a "pg_restore: [archiver] unsupported version in file header" error message.

Does anybody know if there is a work around for this ?

Thanks,
Marco