Re: pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_restore
Date
Re: pg_restore  (Marco Rossi <swmrrossi@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-novice
Marco Rossi <swmrrossi@yahoo.com> writes:
> I'm trying to import a db from one server to my local machine.
> I have a mismatch betweek server pg_dump (8.0.3) and my machine pg_restore vesion (7.4.7).

In general you're going to have lots of problems trying to back-port a
dump file to an earlier major release --- there are almost always things
in the dump file that the older server won't take.  So even if you got
past the pg_restore error check you'd still be facing issues.

Is there a good reason you aren't running a more modern Postgres
release?

            regards, tom lane