Re: [HACKERS] message for constraint - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] message for constraint
Date
List pgsql-patches
Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On 1/16/06, Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

> what about lower the context part of the messages for plpgsql
> functions? that seems debug info for me... just an idea ;)
>
> pruebas=# select prueba();
> ERROR:  new row for relation "foo" violates check constraint "foo_fld_check"
> CONTEXT:  SQL statement "insert into foo values (-1)"
> PL/pgSQL function "prueba" line 2 at SQL statement

It's not debug info in the sense of the DEBUG error levels.  These are
meant as debug info of the server itself, like, say, a transaction
started.  The CONTEXT line is exactly that, context information.

--
Alvaro Herrera                        http://www.advogato.org/person/alvherre
"World domination is proceeding according to plan"        (Andrew Morton)