Re: Arrays in PL/pgSQL routines? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Arrays in PL/pgSQL routines?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 01:23:28PM -0500, Ken Winter wrote:
> That works.  (Odd that the initialization seems to be necessary to make it
> work.)  Thanks!  Yes, I'm using version 7.4.

7.4.what?  Absence of initialization shouldn't cause a syntax error;
at least it doesn't in 7.4.10.  However, in 7.4 you do have to
initialize an array before assigning to its elements, else the array
will remain NULL (initialization isn't necessary in the latest 8.x
releases).

--
Michael Fuhr