Re: Speed of different procedural language - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Steinar H. Gunderson
Subject Re: Speed of different procedural language
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 02:24:42PM -0700, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> The difference is clear only in specific cases; just because you
> saw a 10x increase in some cases doesn't mean you can expect that
> kind of increase, or indeed any increase, in others. I've seen
> PL/pgSQL beat all other PL/* challengers handily many times,
> especially when the function does a lot of querying and looping
> through large result sets.

That's funny, my biggest problems with PL/PgSQL have been (among others)
exactly with large result sets...

Anyhow, the general idea is: It _does_ matter which one you use, so you'd
better test if it matters to you :-)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/