Re: Some problems with psqlODBC - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Ludek Finstrle
Subject Re: Some problems with psqlODBC
Date
List pgsql-odbc
>   I'm feel sorry to ask this question but I try to install psqlODBC on a
> Windows 2000 Platform and .... don't succeed.
>
>   I downloaded several version (psqlodbc-08_01_0100.zip ,
> psqlodbc-08_01_0101.zip, psqlodbc-8_01_0105.zip, psqlodbc-08_01_0102.zip)
> and, every time I try to install it, I have the same result :
>    - Unzip : OK
>    - <double-click> on psqlodbc.msi : OK
>    - ... installation succeed.
>
>   But, when I use the <Driver Manager> I don't see any driver in the
> "Drivers List". Althouth They exist in the regedit file.

Please verify if you have proper path to driver in registry.
Registry paths are:
HKLM\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\PostgreSQL ANSI
HKLM\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\PostgreSQL Unicode
There are two values in each: Driver and Setup.

And there have to be values:
"PostgreSQL ANSI"="Installed"
"PostgreSQL Unicode"="Installed"
in registry path:
HKLM\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers

Do you have admin rights when you try install it?

Regards,

Luf