Re: Free Pascal and Postgresql Functions, Possible? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Free Pascal and Postgresql Functions, Possible?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 08:43:52AM -0600, Tony Caduto wrote:
> I know Delphi/Kylix can create C style DLLs and SOs with the C style
> calling convention, so I "assume" Free Pascal does as well.
>
> Is there any special C headers (for creating functions that return
> results?) that are PG specific that would need to be ported to Pascal?

Well, I don't know about any special C headers. The examples in the
documentation tell you what you need for various features. However, I
think the most important header would be fmgr.h since that is how the C
functions get arguments from and return data to the server. With a few
declarations for things like palloc you should be able to do most
things.

Have a nice day,

Attachment