Re: Free Pascal and Postgresql Functions, Possible? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Free Pascal and Postgresql Functions, Possible?
Date
Re: Free Pascal and Postgresql Functions, Possible?
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 10:03:57PM -0600, Tony Caduto wrote:
> Has there ever been any discussion on
> using Free Pascal to create functions (C Style)?
>

> I know pascal can be used to create user defined functions in other
> databases like Firebird (which was originally coded in C and now C++)

Has anyone tried? PostgreSQL doesn't particluarly care what language a
function was written in, just as long as the calling convention
matches.

That said, pascal has historically had a different calling convention
and that is likely to cause the most issues.

Have a nice day,

Attachment