question using 'between' in a sql query - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Theodore Petrosky
Subject question using 'between' in a sql query
Date
List pgsql-sql
My table

create table mytable (
employeecode text,
info text,
somestuff text,
insertdate timestamp with time zone);

I have an interface where the user can query for all
employeecode between two dates. I assumed from the
docs that:

SELECT employeecode FROM mytable WHERE insertdate
BETWEEN '11/20/2005' AND '11/20/2005'

would yield an inclusive result set. I am being lazy
and I didn't want to check if the user was looking for
just one day.... (it looks like I will have to not be
lazy).

Is this correct behavior? if 'between' is inclusive of
the start and end dates why doesn't this query result
in all the rows on '11/20/2005'?

BTW this is 8.1 on OS X 10.4.3

Ted

Just $16.99/mo. or less.