Re: Quote_literal() - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From James M Doherty
Subject Re: Quote_literal()
Date
List pgsql-sql
Tom,

I found the problem. It seems that a function I was calling
date_add_days(date,int)
Returned for some reason a text date + [some unprintable garbage] two
characters worth
This in turn caused the quote_literal() to fail by returning only the
initial single quote.

I resolved the problem by replacing the date_add_days() function with
date_pli() [comes with 8.1],
After doing this my problem disappeared. I am still investigating what the
cause of of the
Failure in date_add_days() was [part of my 'c' library that I ported from
gnumeric. I suspect
A memory leak [lack of pfree] in the one of the functions.

Any way thanks for taking the time to look at my issue.

Jim

James M Doherty
Principal

JMD CONSULTING
411 Thunderbay Dr
Georgetown, TX 78626
A reputation is something others give you HONOR is something you give
yourself!