Re: Swedish PostgreSQL site needs volunteers - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Swedish PostgreSQL site needs volunteers
Date
Re: Swedish PostgreSQL site needs volunteers  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert,

> >From the translator POV, there are a number of static files and a pot
> > file
>
> that would need to be translated, basically using static files and cvs..
> After that there is some content that is database driven (news/events
> for example) that can be translated through the web interface.  From the
> users end I think it basically works by users navigating to
> postgresql.org and then based on thier browser settings they are
> automagically served up content in the appropriate language.

Right.  Problem is, we don't yet have a framework to check which files are
done and which are drafts, whether all the files are done, which have been
XHTML validated, and which English files have been updated since the last
translation.    This is a huge TODO and I certainly wouldn't ask the
translators to get started without it.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus