Re: Swedish PostgreSQL site needs volunteers - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Swedish PostgreSQL site needs volunteers
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 17:02, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > >From the translator POV, there are a number of static files and a pot
> > > file
> >
> > that would need to be translated, basically using static files and cvs..
> > After that there is some content that is database driven (news/events
> > for example) that can be translated through the web interface.  From the
> > users end I think it basically works by users navigating to
> > postgresql.org and then based on thier browser settings they are
> > automagically served up content in the appropriate language.
>
> Right.  Problem is, we don't yet have a framework to check which files are
> done and which are drafts, whether all the files are done, which have been
> XHTML validated, and which English files have been updated since the last
> translation.    This is a huge TODO and I certainly wouldn't ask the
> translators to get started without it.

I think the po tools can do this for po files, and you could probably
write some form of perl script to determine translation updates based on
file timestamps, and a diff between directories would handle which files
are not translated yet. You can validate after the fact or while
translating (thats how we do it when developing). I'm not saying it's
pretty, but it's doable for a motivated individual.

Robert Treat