Re: Oracle 10g Express - any danger for Postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From James Thompson
Subject Re: Oracle 10g Express - any danger for Postgres?
Date
List pgsql-general
> Yes, sqlplus looks especially bad once you're used to banging around
> in psql.  Although, I recently discovered rlwrap (a generic readline
> wrapper) which makes sqlplus almost tolerable.  It's the best thing to
> happen to sqlplus since... well, since "quit" I suppose.

I just wish pgsql had something similar to sqlplus's built in formatting tools
for output.  Being able to set titles, row lengths, and breaks made sqlplus a
very nice reporting tool.  A rather large majority of "reports" at my old job
consisted of sqlplus commands to set the format output, and a sql statement
redirected to our line printer.

I haven't used Oracle since the mid 90s so I don't have a working example but
a description of some of the commands can be found here

http://www.siue.edu/~dbock/cmis564/otext3.htm

Take Care,
James