Re: Planner create a slow plan without an available index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Planner create a slow plan without an available index
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 01:27:30 +0200,
  Ben-Nes Yonatan <da@canaan.co.il> wrote:

> Now again im probably just paranoid but when I'm starting a transaction
> and in it im making more then 4 billions diffrent queries
> (select,insert,update,truncate...) and then im closing it, its counted
> as only one transaction right? (should I duck to avoid the manual? ;))

I believe there is a limit on the number of queries in a transaction of
2 or 4 billion (though this may be just in functions).

Ignoring subtransactions, all these queries count as just one transaction.
I am not sure how subtransactions are counted.