Re: Planner create a slow plan without an available index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Planner create a slow plan without an available index
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 01:27:30AM +0200, Ben-Nes Yonatan wrote:

> Now again im probably just paranoid but when I'm starting a transaction
> and in it im making more then 4 billions diffrent queries
> (select,insert,update,truncate...) and then im closing it, its counted
> as only one transaction right? (should I duck to avoid the manual? ;))

Yes, one transaction.  You cannot do more than 4 billion commands -- the
limit is 2^32 anyway.

--
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre[]alvh.no-ip.org>      Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
"Los románticos son seres que mueren de deseos de vida"