Can a pg_dump file be loaded into a different OS? - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Anye M. Sellers
Subject Can a pg_dump file be loaded into a different OS?
Date
List pgsql-ports
I've got a client that has Postgres running on Linux
but my own development environment is on Windows.  Is
it feasible for me to have him do a pg_dump through
the pgAdmin tool and then for me to restore that file,
or are  the files formatted differently in both OS's?

If this doesn't work, can someone please recommend a
good way to migrate this data?

Thanks,
Anye