Re: DBD::Pg and "invalid frontend message type 10" - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: DBD::Pg and "invalid frontend message type 10"
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 09:10:34AM -0400, Scott Cain wrote:
> I am a developer of a PostgreSQL powered application that, naturally,
> works fine in my hands, using verison 7.4.* (most recently, 7.4.8).  I
> have a user, however, that is getting this error message:
>
> DBD::Pg::db do failed: FATAL:  invalid frontend message type 10
>
> Can someone shed some light on where to start looking for the source of
> this problem?  I'm guessing the message is coming from postgres, since I
> can't find a string like that in DBD::Pg.

The message comes from the PostgreSQL backend; it's received a
message it doesn't understand.  What's different about your system
and the user's?  At what point in the connection does the user get
the error?  Can you run a sniffer on the connection to see what's
happening?

--
Michael Fuhr