DBD::Pg and "invalid frontend message type 10" - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Scott Cain
Subject DBD::Pg and "invalid frontend message type 10"
List pgsql-interfaces
Hello,

I am a developer of a PostgreSQL powered application that, naturally,
works fine in my hands, using verison 7.4.* (most recently, 7.4.8).  I
have a user, however, that is getting this error message:

DBD::Pg::db do failed: FATAL:  invalid frontend message type 10

Can someone shed some light on where to start looking for the source of
this problem?  I'm guessing the message is coming from postgres, since I
can't find a string like that in DBD::Pg.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                         cain@cshl.edu
GMOD Coordinator (http://www.gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087