diary constraints - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Gary Stainburn
Subject diary constraints
Date
Re: diary constraints  (Gnanavel S <s.gnanavel@gmail.com>)
Re: diary constraints  (PFC <lists@boutiquenumerique.com>)
Re: diary constraints  ("A. Kretschmer" <akretschmer@despammed.com>)
List pgsql-sql
Hi folks

I know this has been discussed in the past, but no amount of keywords
has returned anything from the archives.

I want to create a courtesy car diary diary system where I have a table
containing all of the cortesy cars in the pool, and then an allocation
table which has two timestamps, one for the start date/time and one for
the return date/time.

How do I go about creating constraints on inserts and updates to ensure
that

a) the finish is after the start
b) two allocations for a single vehicle don't overlap.
--
Gary Stainburn