Re: How to secure PostgreSQL Data for distribute? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Kenneth Gonsalves
Subject Re: How to secure PostgreSQL Data for distribute?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thursday 18 Aug 2005 8:26 am, Premsun Choltanwanich wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>      I need to distribute my application that use PostgreSQL as
> database to my customer. But I still have some questions in my mind
> on database security. I understand that everybody  who get my
> application database will be have a full control permission on my
> database in case that PostgreSQL already installed on their
> computer and they are an administrator on PostgreSQL. So that mean
> data, structure and any ideas contain in database will does not
> secure on this point. Is my understanding correct?

correct

>      What is the good way to make it all secure? Please advise.
no way - you could try to frighten him so much that he is afraid to
touch anything. Or you could educate him so that he can creatively
touch some parts of it and ease your burden of support and
maintainence. Also enter into a proper license agreement with him so
that he doesnt redistribute or hijack your ideas and your code. In
the long run, if you follow this course, you will find that you will
be able to serve your customers more effectively

--
regards
kg

http://www.livejournal.com/users/lawgon