Re: Query stucked in pg_stat_activity - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Query stucked in pg_stat_activity
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 04:25:30PM +0200, Csaba Nagy wrote:
> The logs don't show the "statistics buffer is full" message as suggested
> by Tom, but ITOH "log_min_messages = info", and that message might be a
> debug level one.

The message is in src/backend/postmaster/pgstat.c:

    if (!overflow)
    {
        ereport(LOG,
                (errmsg("statistics buffer is full")));
        overflow = true;
    }

For log_min_messages, LOG is just above FATAL and PANIC, so I'd
expect those messages to appear in the logs if they're happening.
But I don't recall seeing them either.

> In any case it seems my system can readily reproduce the issue whenever
> I place a bigger load on it...

I was also able to reproduce the behavior when running pgbench with
sufficiently high settings.

--
Michael Fuhr