Re: Query stucked in pg_stat_activity - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: Query stucked in pg_stat_activity
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael,

I've read the message you referred, and it's probably what happens.
In fact the original row I've complained about is gone, and I have now
10 other dead processes listed in pg_stat_activity... one of the queries
is a "<BIND>", still running after 25 minutes, and the associated
process is gone, so it's clearly an inconsistent state of the stats
collector. I wonder if there's a way to fix that without too much
affecting performance ?
The logs don't show the "statistics buffer is full" message as suggested
by Tom, but ITOH "log_min_messages = info", and that message might be a
debug level one.

In any case it seems my system can readily reproduce the issue whenever
I place a bigger load on it...

Cheers,
Csaba.