Re: Party planning - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Party planning
Date
Re: Party planning  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> I'd not mind doing it in Halifax; there's some community there, and I
>> could probably arrange decent rates at one of the hotels due to family
>> connections :-).
>>
>> But I haven't heard any answers that seem materially better than
>> Toronto.
>
> Tahiti?
> Virgin Islands?
>
> ;)
>
> I mean heck, if we have to get a passport or travel visa anyway... Why not
> make it some place really cool?

Seems the 'pros' for going ot the US tend to be by a few US based folks,
while most that are 'foreign' are against it ... or is it just me that
sees that? :)  Seems most US folk want to stay in the US, while the rest
of us want to avoid it :)

Not saying I don't like parts of the US ... I just hate travelling to/from
it ... I feel like I'm a criminal both going in and coming out, the way
that US custom's operates ... *and* ... the last time I was there was
*pre* 9/11 ... I'd hate to experience it post :(

  ----