Re: a bug in libpq, PSQL 8.0.3 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: a bug in libpq, PSQL 8.0.3
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 01:01:53PM +0200, Adam Rad?owski wrote:
> In any terminal  (linux, xterm, rxvt)  if I try create a new PRIMARY KEY
> or any CONSTRAINT with PQexec function "I become a comment on the
> screen, that the "implicit index was created", exactly this same, like
> in "psql" program.. I've read carefully (or mabe not ;-) ) the DOC's,
> but I din't find the answer, what shuld i do.

This isn't a bug.  See "Notice Processing" in the libpq chapter of
the documentation and client_min_messages in the "Server Run-time
Environment" chapter:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/libpq-notice-processing.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/runtime-config.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-WHEN

--