Re: Slow Inserts on 1 table? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Slow Inserts on 1 table?
Date
Re: Slow Inserts on 1 table?  (Gregory Youngblood <gsyoungblood@mac.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 10:01:50AM -0500, Dan Armbrust wrote:

> I shouldn't have to manually run Analyze to make the DB be capable of
> handling inserts involving tables with foreign keys correctly.  My code
> that is doing the inserts is a java application that works across
> multiple DBS - MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2, MS Access, Sybase, etc.

[etc, rant removed]

You don't _have_ to be rude.  This is a known limitation, and people
have suggested the usual workarounds.  This is an open source project --
if you think you can make it better, please by all means post a patch.

HAND.

"El sentido de las cosas no viene de las cosas, sino de
las inteligencias que las aplican a sus problemas diarios
en busca del progreso." (Ernesto Hernández-Novich)