Re: krb5 authentication and multihomed server hosts - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From pod@herald.ox.ac.uk (pod)
Subject Re: krb5 authentication and multihomed server hosts
Date
List pgsql-bugs

    TL> VirtualHost is long gone, so this patch is of little help anyway.
    TL> Could you take a look at CVS or a recent nightly snapshot (look
    TL> under dev/ on the FTP servers) and see if your problem is fixed or
    TL> not?

Yeah, didn't think the patch was going to help much :-(.  I'll feed it to
the Debian maintainer though, in case they're interested, since 7.4.7 is
what shipped in sarge.

A brief scan of src/backend/libpq/auth.c 1.127 make me think it will
behave similarly to my patched 7.4.7 when krb_server_hostname is specified
in the config file.

I'd have to actually test multiple listen_addresses and krb5_recvauth()
behaviour when the pg_krb5_server krb5_principal is NULL.  I have a
horrible suspicion that this used to be broken in MIT krb5 but may not be
now.  In any case, again, it's not your concern.

Thank you for your time.