Re: krb5 authentication and multihomed server hosts - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: krb5 authentication and multihomed server hosts
Date
List pgsql-bugs
pod@herald.ox.ac.uk (pod) writes:
> "TL" == Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>     TL> VirtualHost is long gone, so this patch is of little help anyway.

> A brief scan of src/backend/libpq/auth.c 1.127 make me think it will
> behave similarly to my patched 7.4.7 when krb_server_hostname is specified
> in the config file.

> I'd have to actually test multiple listen_addresses and krb5_recvauth()
> behaviour when the pg_krb5_server krb5_principal is NULL.  I have a
> horrible suspicion that this used to be broken in MIT krb5 but may not be
> now.  In any case, again, it's not your concern.

Well, actually, the subtext of my question is that we now support what's
effectively multiple VirtualHosts (see the listen_addresses parameter),
and I was wondering if that means that krb_server_hostname needs to have
an entry per listen_address in order to respond to the problem you see.

            regards, tom lane