General DB Tuning - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Brent Henry
Subject General DB Tuning
Date
List pgsql-performance
Help!  After recently migrating to Postgres 8, I've
discovered to my horror that I can't determine which
queries are poorly performing anymore because the
logging has drastically changed and no longer shows
durations for anything done through JDBC.

So I'm desperately trying to do performance tuning on
my servers and have no way to sort out which
statements are the slowest.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  How do you
determine what queries are behaving badly when you
can't get durations out of the logs?

I have a perl script that analyzes the output from
Postgres 7 logs and it works great!  But it relies on
the duration being there.

I did some searches on postgresql.org mailing lists
and have seen a few people discussing this problem,
but noone seems to be too worried about it.  Is there
a simple work-around?

Sincerely,

Brent

http://auctions.yahoo.com/