Re: General DB Tuning - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Arthurs
Subject Re: General DB Tuning
Date
List pgsql-performance
I have this in my postgresql.conf file and it works fine (set the min to
whatever you want to log)
log_min_duration_statement = 3000 # -1 is disabled, in milliseconds.

Another setting that might get what you want:

#log_duration = false

uncomment and change to true.

 From the docs:
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/runtime-config.html)

  Causes the duration of every completed statement which satisfies
log_statement to be logged. When using this option, if you are not using
syslog, it is recommended that you log the PID or session ID using
log_line_prefix so that you can link the statement to the duration using
the process ID or session ID. The default is off. Only superusers can
change this setting.