Re: contrib/pgcrypto functions not IMMUTABLE? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: contrib/pgcrypto functions not IMMUTABLE?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 08:15:07PM +0300, Marko Kreen wrote:

> Michael, the result is, you can make them all STRICT.

OK.  Does anybody else have thoughts on removing the PG_ARGISNULL()
checks?  Neil suggests removing them because they'd be unnecessary,
but I'm concerned about people who'd use the new code with old
catalog entries that aren't STRICT (e.g., restored from a dump).
Should we leave the PG_ARGISNULL() checks in place as a safety
measure, or should the 8.1 Release Notes make it clear that the
functions need to be recreated (or pg_proc updated)?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/