Re: [despammed] copy from file and overwrite existing entries? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: [despammed] copy from file and overwrite existing entries?
Date
List pgsql-novice
am  27.06.2005, um 16:33:59 +0200 mailte Mattes Sarcander folgendes:
> Hi,
> I am really new to database administration, so forgive me if I overlook
> something obvious ;>
>
> I want to import data from a csv file into an existing, non-empty table.
> My problem is the fact that I get an "ERROR:  duplicate key violates
> unique constraint", because, as psql correctly grumbles, some entries
> are already inside the tables. I would like to overwrite these existing
> entries, as the data from the csv files is newer.

I suggest, use a separate import-table to copy the file in this table.
After you can work with usual SQL to delete old Records in the
destination table and insert the new records.

Regards, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer    (Kontakt: siehe Header)
Heynitz:  035242/47212,      D1: 0160/7141639