Re: users/users groups management from MS Access front-end - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Jeff Eckermann
Subject Re: users/users groups management from MS Access front-end
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
--- Zlatko Matic <zlatko.matic1@sb.t-com.hr> wrote:

> Well, I want to use POstgreSQL user acounts, but
> would like to create new
> users and put them in predefined groups through
> Access interface, instead of
> doing it through pgAdmin, for example.

That would just be a matter of creating a user
interface (i.e. a form) to handle the user input, and
issuing appropriate SQL commands.  Maybe the best way,
to preserve security, would be to handle the user
setup via a server function, with appropriate rights
granted to application administrators, who otherwise
are not database superusers.  That would reduce the
opportunity for your backend setup to be compromised
by a user.

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/