Re: Index on a NULL-value - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tobias Brox
Subject Re: Index on a NULL-value
Date
List pgsql-performance
[Tobias Brox]
> test=# set enable_seqscan=off;

[Bruno Wolff III - Mon at 10:16:53PM -0500]
> It isn't surprising that an index wasn't used since a sequential scan is
> going to be faster in your test case.
>
> If you want to test this out, you to want use realistically sized tables.

Wrong.  In this case I was not wondering about the planners choise of not
using the index, but the fact that the planner could not find the index at
all.  Reproducing it on a simple table in a test environment was a valid
strategy to solve this specific problem.

--
Tobias Brox, Beijing